Career opportunities in UBS Group Finance
The Group Finance function at UBS is both broad and deep. We manage, report and forecast on all of UBS's finances. We also act as consultants, using our global business advisory and analytics capabilities to advise the firm's senior managers. As industry advocates, we play a role in the evolving regulatory landscape as well.
Our structure includes business-aligned and cross-divisional functions.
- Provides product control over the bank’s P&L and Balance Sheet, working closely with the trading desks and ensuring procedures, policies and controls are applied effectively across the Investment Bank
- Provides relevant, accurate and timely reporting; analytics and advice on business performance; and partners with management in decision making
- Ensures integrity of accounting and of reporting presentation and disclosure
- Establishes the firm’s methodologies and processes for liquidity and funding, management of the balance sheet and RWAs, and ensuring an optimal capitalization structure
- Provides focused, timely and consistent management information, supporting our partners in effectively running their businesses
- Offers integrated and action-oriented analysis and independent advice to help the business make sound decisions
- Maintains financial control and ensures integrity of closure
- Supports Wealth Management Americas in the development and execution of its strategy
- Provides services in the areas of business analytics & planning, UBS Bank USA finance, accounting policy & risk, treasury, liquidity and capital management
- Creates and maintains transparency, by producing timely and accurate financial reports and business analytics to enable informed management decision making
- Provides advice and insight on profitability, strategic initiatives and business planning
- Drives the development of a business’s strategy and supports the execution of its business plan
- Acts as challenging and value-adding partners to business management
- Serves as guardian of Corporate Center’s financial resources and ensures the integrity of financial statements and processes
- Delivers accurate, timely, consistent and action-oriented management information, enabling sound business decisions
- Acts as a trusted business partner by providing flexible decision support analytics
- Provides financial and management accounting for all divisions
- Ensures complete, correct and auditable reporting for all external regulatory and statutory bodies, as well as for internal partners
- Acts as a center of competence for deferred and variable compensation
- Facilitates all aspects of the monthly closing process
- Finance Shared Services is a newly formed group which is at the forefront of the firm’s finance transformation and the creation of the future structure of Group Finance.
- Responsible for the provision of core accounting services across the finance function, including performance reporting, planning, forecasting and analytics, operational and general accounting, and data management
- Employs a multi-location strategy to ensure full time-zone coverage and maximum efficiency for each function within Group Finance
- Strives for process excellence via centralized teams and application of appropriate sourcing models
- Global team responsible for improving business processes and IT infrastructure, and enhancing financial control
- Addresses new challenges and creates dynamic solutions presented by changing regulatory and reporting environments
- Facilitates the internal strategic repositioning of Group Finance
- Implements a coherent and robust risk control framework to identify, manage, measure, control and report on all type of tax risks, in line with the principles set out in the Group's Tax Risk Policy
- Manages the bank’s tax compliance affairs and tax audits in a highly controlled and efficient manner
- Maintains an optimum legal entity structure to support the business growth objectives of the business divisions
- Provides the business divisions with accurate and timely tax advice and instructions in relation to their business activities
- Protects the bank's reputation and financial interests in tax sensitive transactions
- Provides in-depth analysis of new and/or complex transactions to determine the appropriate accounting treatment in line with UBS’s multi-GAAP reporting requirements
- Influences and monitors external technical accounting developments and assists in the implementation of new accounting policy requirements
- Designs the most effective insurance program to cover the firm’s liquidity, contracting, regulatory and/or special service needs
- Provides governance on key, material and judgmental valuation issues across the bank
- Provides valuation and revenue recognition for new structured transactions and performs independent model verification of hedge accounting models
- Delivers Group external financial reporting, and group and parent bank regulatory reporting
- Provides internal integrated performance assessment and reporting
- Coordinates and assesses business planning
- Develop and implement equity attribution framework, enabling the calculation and assessment of the return on equity for each of the firm’s major businesses
- Maintain Group consolidation and reporting infrastructure and processes
- Provides governance and risk management of UBS’s financial resources
- Ensures that the Group’s financial resources are used effectively and sustainably
- Ensures adequate, lean and transparent corporate legal structure to underpin UBS's commitment to meeting international standards of corporate governance and to facilitate efficient allocation and use of capital, comprehensive risk management and straightforward funding processes.
- Provides a framework for optimal liquidity management.
- Serves as the main information link between UBS and the investment community
- Ensures accurate dissemination of UBS financial results to the investment community and, in turn, gathers their feedback and relays it to senior management
- Strives to realize the highest sustainable stock price based upon the underlying fundamentals of UBS
- Supports the Chief of Staff and the Finance Executive Committee on all business management-related items, as well as governance-related matters
- Key point of contact for other functions within the Corporate Center and for the business divisions to coordinate input representing Group Finance on group-wide strategic initiatives and projects
- Collaborates with HR and the Finance units on the development of UBS-wide and Finance-specific people management initiatives
Products and services in these webpages may not be available for residents of certain nations. Please consult the sales restrictions relating to the service in question for further information.
© UBS 1998 - 2014. All rights reserved.