Career opportunities in UBS Group Finance
Our identity as an employer is based on the two pillars of talent and diversity. We actively promote the professional development of all our employees (for more, see Your career).
We also strongly believe in supportive working relationships and an inclusive environment. The latter is reinforced, locally and globally, via employee networks such as:
- Cultural Awareness
- Pride (LGBT)
- All Bar None (Women’s Network)
- Disability Awareness
- Family Matters
- Finance People Forum Diversity Committee
The Finance People Committee who's membership is made up of the senior Group Finance leadership, is the responsible body for developing, monitoring and delivering the Group Finance people agenda.
We take pride in recognizing special achievement through our quarterly Thank You awards program. This program recognizes and rewards individuals who play a critical role in delivering Group Finance’s mission. All Group Finance employees are eligible to participate and to be nominated for this award.
In addition, our quarterly CFO Leadership Awards are granted to individuals or groups of employees who implement innovative ideas or provide strategic insights that directly lead to business growth, increased profitability, or tangible benefits from driving stronger collaboration across the organization.
Group Finance employees also volunteer through UBS’s Community Affairs program, making a significant, sustainable and measurable impact on local communities. The regional working groups within Group Finance understand our responsibility to enhance the well-being of the communities in which we operate. Over the past year, a number of Group Finance employees have spent time volunteering for the following programs.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
- The Bridge Academy
- Whitechapel Mission
- Lavender Pond Restoration
- Renovation of Northwold Primary School
Asia / Pacific
- Beijing: WWF China's environmental awareness program at Shunyi Beishicao Middle School
- Seoul: Social Welfare Society's Amsa rehabilitation centre
- Mumbai: Vidya school tour of museum
- Singapore: Singapore Childrens’ Society Art Jam
- Indonesia: Yayasan Emmanuel's Outreach Program
- St Luke’s Lifeworks
- Food Drives for local food banks
- The holiday of hope program
- Monthly volunteer opportunities
UBS and the Bridge Academy
The UBS and Bridge Academy partnership was recently recognized with a Big Society Award from the UK Prime Minister David Cameron "The Bridge Academy is a brilliant example of business working with their local community. The innovative ideas, enthusiasm and skills of the UBS volunteers have had a clear impact on the Academy, inspiring students and helping them reach their potential."
About the Academy
- It is a mixed, non-denominational school in London for 11-18 year olds, specializing in mathematics and music
- It welcomed its first intake of 187 students in September 2007
- By 2013 it will cater for 1,150 students, including 250 sixth formers
Products and services in these webpages may not be available for residents of certain nations. Please consult the sales restrictions relating to the service in question for further information.
© UBS 1998 - 2014. All rights reserved.