Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS)
Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS), is a key provider of fund of hedge fund strategies within the A&Q platform, and is a result of the March 2004 integration of the O'Connor Multi-Manager program established in 2000 and the Alternative Investment Strategies group in Hong Kong, which was established in 1994.
Today, AIS is a truly global business that leverages resources and contact networks around the world to create a robust investment environment where ideas are generated, analyzed and debated. This combined group has substantial experience managing multi-manager products. AIS focuses on creating global diversified products to meet the demands of clients around the world.
With assets under management of USD 25.7 billion (as of 1 April 2013), AIS is one of the largest investors in hedge funds in the world.* AIS' investment teams are located in Stamford/New York, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
AIS' combination of people and process creates key differentiating factors:
- Forward-looking, independent manager research grounded in dynamic strategy analysis
- Direct, comprehensive involvement by senior members and global team in all phases of the investment process
- Blend of capital markets and hedge fund industry experience that promotes bottom-up sourcing of top quality hedge funds, supports strong relationships with fund managers, and provides a thorough understanding of the drivers of risk and return
- Global Investment Committee approach to portfolio management that fosters intellectually honest debate, leverages a global perspective, emphasizes the combination of uncorrelated alpha sources and the avoidance of tail risk
- An established platform with the deep resources, systems and commitment to success that comes from being a part of UBS
- A culture of control, risk management, and independent oversight, both investment and operational
AIS offers a wide range of fund of fund strategies which provide broad-based, diversified exposure to the hedge fund "asset class" with various risk and return profiles.
* InvestHedge Billion Dollar Club, March 2013
Products and services in these webpages may not be available for residents of certain nations. Please consult the sales restrictions relating to the service in question for further information.
© UBS 1998-2013. All rights reserved.