UBS News Alert
UBS and the World Economic Forum reach the goal to donate 2500 bikes to children in South Africa
Zurich/Basel, 24 January 2015 – UBS and the World Economic Forum have achieved the goal they set for the Davos Meeting, to donate 2,500 specially designed bicycles to children in rural South Africa to help them get to school and improve learning outcomes. The target was reached through the program, The Davos Challenge: Walk for Education, which asked participants to walk as many steps at the Meeting, as a child may have to walk to get to school in rural South Africa. The bicycles will be provided by World Bicycle Relief, a not-for-profit organization operating throughout Africa for ten years improving access to education and increasing learning outcomes by reducing travel time for children.
UBS to issue additional tier 1 capital instrument for employee compensation
- Deferred Contingent Capital Plan enhanced to qualify as additional tier 1 capital
- Supplementary capital return of CHF 0.25 per share following completion of squeeze-out, fully accrued in the fourth quarter 2014
UBS launches white paper on the New Global Context for the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2015 in Davos
Walk for education in Africa: UBS and the World Economic Forum challenge Davos participants
We publish important corporate information on our website as a way of facilitating timely disclosure to our investors, analysts, clients and employees. Our UBS News Alert service, which you can sign up for below, makes it easier for you to remain informed.
You can choose to receive:
- Quarterly results and material/price sensitive (ad hoc) information
- Quarterly results, material/price sensitive (ad hoc) information, and investor releases
- Quarterly results, material/price sensitive (ad hoc) information, releases from global media site
The products, services, information and/or materials contained within these web pages may not be available for residents of certain jurisdictions. Please consult the sales restrictions relating to the products or services in question for further information.
© UBS 1998 - 2015. All rights reserved.