Robert J. McCann
American (US) and Irish, born 15 March 1958
Functions at UBS Group AG
President Wealth Management Americas and President Americas
Year of initial appointment to UBS Group AG: 2014
Year of initial appointment to UBS AG: 2009
Professional history and education
Robert J. McCann was appointed President Wealth Management Americas (formerly CEO of Wealth Management Americas), and became a member of the GEB in October 2009. In addition, he has been CEO of UBS Group Americas since December 2011, as of March 2015 President Americas. From 2003 to 2009, he worked for Merrill Lynch as Vice Chairman and President of the Global Wealth Management Group. In 2003, he served as Vice Chairman of Distribution and Marketing for AXA Financial. He began his career with Merrill Lynch in 1982, working in various positions in capital markets and research. From 2001 to 2003, he was Head of Global Securities Research and Economics. In 2000, he was appointed Chief Operating Officer of Global Markets and Investment Banking. From 1998 to 2000, he was Global Head of Global Institutional Debt and Equity Sales. Mr. McCann graduated with a bachelor’s degree in economics from Bethany College, West Virginia, and holds an MBA from Texas Christian University.
Other activities and functions
- Board member of UBS Optimus Foundation
- Member of The Clearing House Supervisory Board
- Vice Chairman of the Bethany College Board of Trustees
- Member of the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy
- Board member of the American Ireland Fund
- Board member of the Partnership for New York City
- Board member of the Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York
- Advisory Board member for the Billie Jean King Leadership Initiative
The products, services, information and/or materials contained within these web pages may not be available for residents of certain jurisdictions. Please consult the sales restrictions relating to the products or services in question for further information.
© UBS 1998 - 2015. All rights reserved.