UBS (China) Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of UBS AG. It was previously known as UBS AG Beijing Branch which was established in 2004, and was converted into a locally-incorporated entity following the approval by the China Banking Regulatory Commission ("CBRC") . Headquartered in Beijing with registered capital of RMB 2 billion, UBS (China) Limited started operation in July 2012. Its key businesses include Wealth Management and Interbank Business (including Foreign Currency, Rates and Credit and Bank for Banks Relationship). UBS (China) Limited has established a sub-branch in Beijing which opened for business in September 2014.
According to the approval of the CBRC and the registration with the company registration authority, the business scope of UBS (China) Limited is to conduct the following foreign exchange and Renminbi activities:
- to take public deposits;
- to grant short, medium or long term loans;
- to provide bill acceptance and discount services;
- to trade in government bonds, bank debentures, and to trade in other foreign currency negotiable securities other than shares;
- to provide letter of credit services and guarantees;
- to handle settlements both inside and outside the PRC;
- to trade in, and trade on an agency basis in, foreign exchange;
- to engage in inter-bank borrowing;
- to engage in bank card business;
- to provide safe deposit box services;
- to provide credit investigation and consultancy services; and
- to conduct other businesses as approved by the CBRC or any other relevant authorities.
UBS (China) Limited may also engage in settlement and sale of foreign exchange business with approval of the People's Bank of China
Registered address of UBS (China) Limited:
Unit 1218B - 1230, Winland International Finance Center
No.7 Finance Street, Xicheng District
Beijing 100033 China
Phone number: +86-10-5832 7000
Registered address of UBS (China) Limited Beijing Huamao Sub-branch:
Unit L120-L121 Level 1 & L223-L224 Level 2
No. 79 Jianguo Road, Chaoyang District,
Beijing 100025 China
Legal representative: Simon Jixiang Jin
The products, services, information and/or materials contained within these web pages may not be available for residents of certain jurisdictions. Please consult the sales restrictions relating to the products or services in question for further information.
© UBS (China) Limited 2014. All rights reserved.