Contactless payment: Small symbol, big innovation.
Contactless payment eliminates the scramble to find the right change for every transaction. Instead, simply touch your UBS credit card or prepaid card to the reader to make quick, easy payments – up to CHF 40 without entering your PIN or signing your name.
Contactless payment is based on the same technology as ski passes at resorts or security passes at work. Simply wave the card at the reader to pay within seconds.
- Contactless payment is quick and easy. You can pay up to CHF 40 within seconds using a suitable card reader.
- Say goodbye to the never-ending scramble for change.
- Payment processes are faster and waiting times shorter.
1. You can pay with contactless if your card has a contactless symbol.
2. Make sure the payment terminal has the same symbol. If it does, it supports contactless payment. Wait until the amount is displayed. Hold the card close to the symbol.
3. Within seconds, the terminal will indicate that the payment is complete.
Because entering the card and the PIN code may be required in individual cases, please always be aware of the information displayed on the terminal.
More and more retailers in and outside Switzerland now accept fast and easy contactless payments. Here are a few of the partners where you can pay with contactless in Switzerland:
Look for one of these symbols:
As a rule, payment transactions up to an amount of 40 francs are contactless at contactless terminals (hold the card close to the terminal and wait for a signal). Entering the PIN code is only required for amounts over 40 francs. Because entering the card and the PIN code may be required in individual cases, please always be aware of the information displayed on the terminal.
- The card remains in your hand during the entire payment transaction.
- The data can only be transmitted from the card chip to the card reader if the card is held close to the reader.
- There can only be one transaction for each contact with the reader since the security chip on the card generates a unique code for every transaction. Repeated use of this code or an incorrect code is identified immediately.
- Personal data (e.g. name of the cardholder) is not stored on the chip and is not transmitted during the transaction.
- Payments greater than CHF 40 still require you to enter your PIN or sign your name.
Ask an employee at your local UBS branch or order a card directly online. UBS credit cards with contactless functionality are issued to clients aged 18 and up (partner cards: aged 16 and up) – UBS prepaid cards to clients aged 14 and up.
Products and services in these webpages may not be available for residents of certain nations. Please consult the sales restrictions relating to the service in question for further information.
© UBS 1998-2013. All rights reserved.