Meet our team
Jakov Maleš, CFA
Head of Australian Equities
Years of investment industry experience: 19
Education: University of New South Wales (Australia), BCom; University of Technology Sydney (Australia), MBus; FINSIA (Australia), GDipAppFinInv; CFA
- Jakov Maleš is the Head of Australian Equities and portfolio manager responsible for the Australian Share Fund, HALO-Australian Share Fund, and other concentrated Australian share funds. He is also responsible for analytical coverage of Basic Materials for the Equities team.
- Jakov joined UBS Global Asset Management in April 2007. Prior to joining UBS, Jakov was Head of Australia Equities at Allianz Global Investors. He has 18 years of fund management experience including research responsibilities across a range of sectors.
- Prior to this role, he worked at Constellation Capital Management, Invesco Asset Management, Deutsche Asset Management, Commonwealth Funds Management and MLC.
Marissa Rossi, CFA
Head of Research, Australia
Years of investment industry experience: 14
Education: University of Queensland (Australia), BCom, LLB (Hons); CFA
- As the Australian Head of Research, Marissa Rossi is responsible for the rigour and consistency of research, the integrity of the investment process and for team management.
- Marissa as an analyst covers the Healthcare and Media sectors. She has also previously covered Gaming, Diversified Financials, Diversified Industrials and Paper & Packaging.
- Marissa joined UBS Global Asset Management in August 2001 as an analyst.
- Prior to joining UBS, Marissa was an analyst for two years at Credit Suisse Asset Management.
Stephen J. Wood, CFA
Years of investment industry experience: 23
Education: Victoria University (New Zealand), BCA (Hons); CFA
- Stephen Wood is the Co-Portfolio Manager in the Australian Small Companies team and shares responsibility for analysis of Australian emerging companies.
- Stephen joined UBS Global Asset Management from UBS Investment Bank in 2006. He first joined UBS Investment Bank in Auckland in 1989 as a research analyst responsible for covering telecoms, airlines, infrastructure and primary producers. In 1993 Stephen transferred to the Sydney office to cover research for transport, telecoms and transport infrastructure. He was the lead analyst at UBS during the period when UBS led the IPOs of Qantas (1995) and Optus (1998).
- Stephen left UBS in 2000 and worked at Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs prior to returning to UBS Investment Bank in 2003 as a member of the Transport, Infrastructure and Utilities team with lead coverage of transport.
Victor Gomes, CA, CFA
Years of investment industry experience: 21
Education: University of Wollongong (Australia), BCom; FINSIA (Australia), GDipAppFinInv; CFA; CA
- Victor Gomes is the Co-Portfolio Manager in the Australian Small Companies team and shares responsibility for analysis of Australian emerging companies.
- Victor joined UBS Global Asset Management in April 2011.Prior to joining UBS Victor was a portfolio manager at Selector Funds Management, an Australian boutique manager focused on ex-20 stocks. He was also a co-founder and joint portfolio manager at Hayberry Investments, an absolute return Australian equity boutique with a similar focus on the ex-20 part of the market.
- His other investment experience was gained at BT Funds Management, where he became Deputy Portfolio Manager of the BT Australian Imputation Fund and Platinum Asset Management.
Nick Irish, ASIP
Head of Global Equities
Years of investment industry experience: 18
Education: Exeter University (UK), BSc
- Nick Irish is Head of Global Equities within the Core/Value Equities business. His team is responsible for constructing and managing global equity portfolios worldwide. Nick is ultimately responsible for the delivery of all core global equity strategies and for their performance. He co-manages all the global equity strategies with Charles Burbeck.
- Prior to being appointed to his current role in April 2012, Nick was a Senior Portfolio Manager on the Core/Value Global Equities team.
- Nick joined UBS Global Asset Management in March 2008 from HSBC Global Asset Management where had been Senior Global Equity Portfolio Manager since 2005, co-managing their equity portfolios (with Charles Burbeck). Prior to this, Nick spent 11 years at Schroders, most latterly also working with Charles Burbeck, co-managing their integrated global equity products.
- Nick is a Regular Member of the CFA Society of the UK.
Head of Fixed Income, Asia Pacific
Years of investment industry experience: 31
Education: Macquarie University (Australia), BEc, MAppFin
- Anne Anderson has overall responsibility for all Asia Pacific fixed income activities at UBS Global Asset Management. This includes fixed income investment capabilities in Australia, Hong Kong and Japan.
- Anne is a member of the Global Fixed Income Management Committee and Global Fixed Income Investment Committee.
- Before taking on her current role in June 2009, Anne had been Head of Fixed Income, Australia since 2004 and had gained extensive knowledge of Australian and global fixed income markets through a number of investment and client management roles within the business in Australia.
- Prior to joining UBS Global Asset Management in 1993, Anne worked for 11 years in the Treasury and Finance department of an Australian utility where she gained extensive experience in interest rate and currency management across asset and liability portfolios.
Head of Rate Strategies, Australia
Years of investment industry experience: 27
Education: University of Sydney (Australia), BEc (Hons); Kiel Institute of International Economics (Germany), Advanced Studies Certificate
- Warren is a Senior Portfolio Manager with the Australian fixed income team and has responsibility for the development of Australian and global interest rate strategies across Australian composite and diversified fixed income portfolios.
- Warren is responsible for macro research materials that drives the cyclical component of the Australia strategy framework. Warren is also a member of the Global Fixed Income Investment Committee.
- Warren joined UBS in January 2005 after three years experience with Morgan Stanley, Hong Kong where he was a senior member of the fixed income and foreign exchange team. Prior to this, Warren was Head of Asia Pacific Research at Schroders Australia. Warren also had 11 years experience with the Reserve Bank of Australia, working in senior roles in the Bank’s Economic Group. He also spent two years with the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development in the Money and Finance Division in Paris.
Tim van Klaveren, CPA, CFA
Head of Credit Strategies, Australia
Years of investment industry experience: 24
Education: University of Technology (Australia), BBus (Hons); CPA; CFA
- Tim van Klaveren is a Senior Portfolio Manager in the Australian fixed income team and has strategy responsibility for Australian sector allocation and non-government issue selection in Australian credit, short and long duration portfolio strategies.
- Prior to his current role, Tim worked in the UBS Global Asset Management London office for seven years most recently as the Head of Investment Grade Credit Research, Pan Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Tim joined UBS Global Asset Management (Australia) in 1994. Prior to his move to London in 2003, Tim served nine years with the Australian fixed income team. He was a member of the Strategy team and contributed on duration and sector related decisions. He managed and traded the Australian credit and hybrid portfolios and conducted credit research for Australian corporate and securitized issuers.
David Scott, MRICS
Years of investment industry experience: 28
Education: University of Reading, (UK), BSc (Hons); FINSIA (Australia), GDipAppFinInv
- David Scott is the portfolio manager responsible for Australian listed property securities portfolios.
- David joined UBS Global Asset Management in October 2011, following the acquisition of ING Investment Management (ING IM). He joined ING IM in 2010 where he held overall portfolio management responsibility for Australian listed property securities.
- From 2000 to 2010, he led the Australian listed property securities team at Credit Suisse Asset Management. Prior to that he worked with Prudential Fund Managers and Advance Funds Management.
- Prior to moving to Australia in 1995 David specialised in direct property investments.
- David is a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), UK.
Years of investment industry experience: 20
Education: University of Technology, Sydney (Australia), BAppScience (Land Eco); FINSIA (Australia), GDipAppFinInv
- Patrick Barrett is as an investment analyst responsible for Australian listed property securities. He also provides recommendations for the construction of the Australian listed property securities portfolio.
- Patrick joined UBS Global Asset Management in October 2011, following the acquisition of ING Investment Management (ING IM). He joined ING IM in 2010 where he was responsible for Australian listed property securities research and analysis for domestic property securities portfolios.
- From 2002 to 2010, Patrick was a member of the Credit Suisse Asset Management Australian property securities team.
- Patrick previously held roles with the Property Council of Australia, Savills and Deutsche Asset Management. He was also a Portfolio Manager of a direct property portfolio with the Investa Property Group.
ETF Capabilities Manager
Years of investment industry experience: 8
Education: BA Comm (UNSW); Masters in Applied Finance
Stephen Small is the ETF Capabilities Manager for Australia. He is responsible for the ongoing management of our ETF platform and the creation and quotation of new products. Stephen also assists in the distribution of existing products as the ETF subject matter expert.
Prior to joining UBS, Stephen spent 7 years working for the Australian Stock Exchange spending time on both the compliance and business development sides of business. His final role was Manager of the AQUA & Warrants Business being responsible for ETFs, Managed Funds and Structured Products.
Portfolio Manager, Global Investment Solutions
Years of investment industry experience: 12
- Tom is a Portfolio Manager in the Asset Allocation and Currency team within Global Investment Solutions (GIS), based in London. He contributes to the management of a number of Global Diversified and Absolute Return strategies, as well as Australian Balanced mandates and the Emerging Market Allocation Fund.
- Prior to this role, Tom was an Investment Strategist based in Australia for two years, managing asset allocation and strategy in Australian Diversified Return portfolios. Before moving to Australia in 2008, he was a member of the Portfolio Engineering team in London, responsible for portfolio co-ordination across Dynamic Alpha Strategy funds.
- Tom joined UBS Global Asset Management in 2001 initially as a senior analyst within the London performance team, responsible for performance measurement and attribution analysis across the UK client base.
- Tom holds the Investment Management Certificate (IMC).
Tracey McNaughton, CFA
Head of Investment Strategy
Years of investment industry experience: 18
Education: The University of Newcastle (Australia), BEco(Hns); The University of New South Wales (Australia) MCom; CFA
- Tracey McNaughton was appointed Head of Investment Strategy in Australia & New Zealand in October 2013. In this role she has responsibility for Australian economic and investment research and is a member of the Australian Investment Committee.
- Tracey was previously Senior Investment Specialist at Colonial First State Global Asset Management, and prior to that worked in the UK for Baillie Gifford as a fixed income portfolio manager.
- Tracey brings extensive experience as an economist having worked as a Senior Economist at BT Financial Group in Australia.
- In her previous roles she frequently appeared on Sky and ABC TV as well as in print media and has published several research publications around economics, finance and superannuation issues.
This website is intended for persons resident in Australia. UBS Global Asset Management (Australia) Ltd ABN 31 003 146 290, AFS Licence No. 222605 is the product issuer. Before making an investment decision, you need to consider whether this information is appropriate to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Any potential investor should consider the relevant PDS in deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold units in a fund. Please consult your financial adviser. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.